Minimalism is trendy these days. When something is minimalist — whether it’s a wedding or the design of a room — this doesn’t mean that it’s boring or basic. Instead, it means that something is clean, understated, and elegant. When people aim for minimalism in their homes, they’re getting rid of clutter to focus on the items that truly have meaning for them.
And the same goes for being a minimalist bride. There are so many reasons to be a minimalist bride:
- Less is more
- Less stress
- Beautiful wedding photos
- Only include what you want
Each item you choose to include in your wedding or reception will stand out more.
With fewer items to plan for and keep track of, you can focus on what truly matters to you.
There won’t be many items cluttering up the background in your photos, just simple and elegant decor.
By being a minimalist bride, you can choose to include only items that will bring you joy on your wedding day.
When you’re planning your wedding, here are 5 main areas you can focus on to have the minimalist wedding of your dreams:
- Dress and Accessories
Listed below are some great ideas for each area to help make your minimalist wedding the perfect day.
Choosing a Minimalist Venue
There are so many things to consider when selecting a venue. Think about the following:
- How large a location do you need? Minimalism means keeping to the basics, but you don’t want a location so small it’s cramped or so large it seems empty.
- Does the lighting provide a relaxed and romantic atmosphere? You don’t want a location that is too bright, but you also want your guests to see you and each other.
- How are the acoustics? You don’t want people to have to strain to hear your speeches.
The right venue goes a long way towards having a great minimalist wedding.
Another key item to having a successful minimalist wedding is choosing the right decor. Being a minimalist doesn’t mean you can’t have any decor; you have to choose it carefully. Here are some decor ideas for your minimalist wedding:
- Keep it simple! Stick to having only a few flower arrangements and candles on key tables.
- Have a simple colour scheme. Stick with one basic colour such as white, grey, or cream, and then select a brighter one.
- Add a little low-key sparkle with centrepieces or dinnerware.
Talk to the venue about what they provide and then determine what touches you’d like to add yourself.
Flower Choices for Minimalist Weddings
Flowers are one of the best ways to bring an elegant, minimalist touch to your minimalist wedding.
- A simple hand-tied bouquet can be very elegant. Stick to one or two kinds of flowers at most — something like white and pink or red roses can be breathtaking together.
- For additional flower arrangements, you can have them match your bouquet — and add in a bit of greenery and baby’s breath to make them a bit larger.
Flowers are definitely an area where less is more. A huge arrangement can look impressive, but it can also be overwhelming. Having a small, lovely bouquet or table decoration ensures that each individual element of it can be seen and appreciated.
Minimalist Dresses and Accessories
Continuing with a minimalist theme, less is definitely more when it comes to a dress and accessories.
For a dress, think of a style that is simple with clean-cut lines. It’s fine to have some embellishments — perhaps a bit of sparkle or a bow — but you may not want your whole dress covered in them.
For accessories, select jewelry that’s important to you, such as a family heirloom. It should complement the dress and not clash with it. Make sure to pick shoes that are classy and comfortable — you’re going to be in them for a long time!
You don’t have to go too minimalist though — have some fun! If you’ve always wanted to wear a tiara or put a bit of sparkle in your hair — go for it.
How the cake tastes is important, but it’s nice to have it match the rest of your wedding theme. Here are some ideas for a great minimalist cake:
- Match your colour theme. For example, if your colours are green and white, have a white cake with small green decorations or ribbons on it.
- Try to match the other decor in the room – such as the tablecloths and napkins.
- Have a simple cake topper – pick one that reflects your personality or use one that belongs to a family member.
Château Le Jardin and the Perfect Minimalist Wedding
At Château Le Jardin, we have the perfect venue to host your dream minimalist wedding. We can offer you all of the following:
- An abundance of natural light in the ballrooms
- Stunning 30 ft ceilings in our impressive foyer
- Exquisite food prepared by our expert culinary team in our state of the art kitchen
- A highly trained team of caring and knowledgeable professionals who will exceed your expectations
- Majestic fireplaces that offer warmth and welcome in the fall and winter. In the spring and summer, guests can enjoy our lovely courtyard space
- A guarantee that your wedding will have its own space — no awkward run-ins with other weddings or events
You will have a personal wedding consultant to plan every step of your wedding and reception with you. We do this to give you peace-of-mind and make sure that your wedding day will go exactly as planned.
For more great ideas for the minimalist bride, call Chateau Le Jardin at 1-888-529-8573 or contact us here.