You’ve been given a very important assignment – choosing the perfect venue for your next corporate event. It could be anything from a small training session to dinner for VIPs — but the venue has to be perfect.
There are so many things to consider while selecting a venue for your corporate event. You need to think about all of the following when selecting your venue:
- Space and layout
- Location and parking
- Services and amenities
- Food and beverages
We’re here to help walk you through each of these. We’ll help you figure out exactly what to look for when searching for the perfect venue for your corporate event.
Before you start looking at locations, you need to do some planning to determine what kind of location is right for your corporate event. Do the following to help you plan:
- Determine what the goal or purpose of the event is
- Determine what your budget is
- Consider any technical needs you will have — e.g. presenting a slideshow
- Determine when the date of the event is — is it fixed or flexible?
- Determine the number of potential attendees
- Ask colleagues if they have recommendations of places to check out or to avoid
Once you have all of this information, you’ll be ready to start contacting venues. You’ll save yourself a lot of time and trouble upfront if you can start to determine over the phone which venues will or won’t meet your needs.
Space and Layout
One of the first things you’ll need to consider is the space that a corporate venue can offer. You’ll need to consider some or all of the following, depending on your event:
- What’s the capacity limit? It’s important to have enough space for all your attendees, but you don’t want to book a room designed for 300 if you’ll only have 50 people.
- Do they have any meeting or breakout rooms you can use in addition to the main conference room? How close are they to the main room(s) you are booking?
- Will other events be happening at the same time as your event?
- Are there any outdoor areas you can use or have access to?
When asking about capacity, remember to account for any space that may be taken up by booths, decorations, etc.
Location and Parking
Choosing the right location for your corporate event is critical, particularly if you have attendees coming out of town. Consider all of the following when you are selecting a corporate event venue:
- Is it near the airport or a train station?
- Is parking available, and what does it cost?
- Is it easy to access from major highways?
- Are there hotels nearby?
It must be easy for attendees to both find and attend your event. Taking all of these questions into consideration will help make your event a success.
Services and Amenities
What one corporate event venue may include will not be the same as another. If you have specific needs, it’s best to ask each venue what they can provide, and how much it will cost you. Here are some things to ask about:
- Can they provide floral arrangements or decorations?
- Can they provide audio-visual support such as microphones, projectors, and screens? Do they provide free Wi-Fi access?
- Can they provide pads and papers?
- Do they have a raised area that can be used as a stage?
Food and Beverages
Unless your corporate event is very short, you will likely be providing some kind of refreshments — anything from snack platters to a full sit down meal. It’s important to know what you plan to serve and whether the facility can support what you need. Ask the following:
- Can they support special dietary requirements, such as gluten-free, vegan, Kosher, or Halal?
- Is there a minimum food order?
- Do they have a liquor license?
- Do they have preferred caterers or on-site staff?
It’s important to find a corporate venue that sets the right tone for your event. You need to consider the following when looking at corporate event venues:
- Are you looking for something elegant or more casual?
- How are the acoustics? Will outside noise be an issue?
- Does the conference room seem suited to team-building exercises?
The atmosphere of a place is hard to determine solely from pictures. This is something it’s easier to get a full picture of via an in-person visit.
To learn more about how to choose the perfect venue for your corporate event, call Chateau le Jardin at 1-888-529-8573 or contact us here.